Hyperledger Aries Cloud Agent Python (ACA-Py) is a foundation for building Verifiable Credential (VC) ecosystems. It supports issuing, verifying, and holding VCs.
With ACA-Py, developers can build Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) services without learning the nuts and bolts of low-level SDKs. You create a business logic “controller” that talks to ACA-Py, and ACA-Py does the rest.
- Provides a communications framework and a secure wallet
- Uses Hyperledger Indy’s VCs
- Implements Aries RFCs features and protocols
- Written in Python but controlled over HTTP, so you can write your business logic controller in any language
- Runs in the cloud, and can be a cloud “edge” agent
- Cannot run as an “edge” agent on mobile, but a separate mobile agent (e.g. a wallet app) could communicate with it
Developer starting points
- ACA-Py repository
- ACA-Py controller demo repository
- Architecture deep dive video
- (Coming soon)