We’re here to make digital service delivery easier for public service employees.
How we work
We work iteratively and in an agile methodology. You might notice our website changing over time as we publish more guidance and improve the design and user experience.
Our mission is simple. Make digital.gov.bc.ca a comprehensive source of information and guidance for teams developing and maintaining digital services.
- Be a comprehensive source of guidance
We’re working towards being a comprehensive source of digital service guidance.
- Follow standards and stay relevant
Content must adhere to standards. This is not optional. Use plain language and iterate, review and update content often.
- Write for our target audience
Focus on product owners and like-minded managers and executives.
Who we are
We work for the Exchange Lab in the Ministry of Citizens’ Services.
We’re a team of designers, researchers, developers and writers:
- Arlen Tees – Product Owner
- Alex Struk – Senior Full Stack Developer
- Kaegan Mandryk – Full Stack Developer
- Adam Steffanick – UX and Service Design Lead
- Kaitlyn Rosenburg – Content Design Director
- Allieren Ward – Senior Content Design Lead
- Nia King – UX Web Content Strategist
Tech and design
The work our team is able to do is significantly supported by the hard work of our partners in government.
digital.gov.bc.ca is created in WordPress using the BC Government WordPress Block Theme.
Our look and feel is iterative. We’re grateful to collaborate with the Online Service Solutions design team from Government Digital Experience, who are responsible for many of our website elements, like the footer.
- The Digital Delivery Unit, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- The Digital Investment Office, OCIO
- Strategic Policy and Legislation, OCIO
- Enterprise Services, OCIO
- Government Digital Experience
- The Public Service Agency
- Workforce Planning and Succession
- The Innovation Hub
- Digital delivery teams and IM/IT branches across government
Publish with us
We can’t do it alone! Our long-term vision for content creation includes subject matter experts writing and publishing information.
In the near term, we’re prioritizing content based on design research and business needs. If you have information you’d like to move to digital.gov.bc.ca, get in touch and we’ll add you to our backlog.
In general, you can expect:
- A discovery conversation to understand your work and estimate the work requirements
- Collaboration with our designers to determine the best place in our IA for your information
- A review of your draft information with our content designers
- An editing process to align your information with our content style guide
- Discussion on research requirements or usability testing
Learn more about the Content Design team’s process and what to expect when working with us.
I have questions about the website
- Email our Product Owner
I have questions about the Exchange Lab
- Email our communications and engagement team
I want to publish on digital.gov.bc.ca
- Email our Content Design Director